Sunday, November 16, 2014

Carpe Diem #606, Guardian Angel


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you did like the new episode of "Ask Jane ..." in which we discussed the Kanshicho-style. As you maybe know I walk away with that style of haiku-writing, but ... as you could have read in the mentioned "Ask Jane ..." episode, it turned out to be just a hoax, an Internet-legend ... does that change my way of haiku-ing? No ... certainly not. I love haiku and I couldn't live with it ...

Today our prompt is Guardian Angel and I think it needs no further explanation. I have written several haiku about angels and guardian angels and I love to share a few of them with you all here.

This one I wrote (and published at my wordpress-weblog) recently, it's part of a haibun:

did I see an angel
or was it just the wind
moving clouds

© Chèvrefeuille

Once I wrote a cascading haiku for Theme Thursday about my guardian angel, my brother who passed away in 1995 at the age of 35.:

a being of light
guides every step I take
my dear brother

my dear brother
he has become my guardian angel
after his dead

after his dead
I knew he would be always with me
a being of light

© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Guardian Angel
To conclude this episode I love to share a haibun, which I wrote last August for mindlovemisery's menagerie in response on a photo shared by Georgia (Bastet & Sekhmet's Library).

My Angels


I remember him very well, how could I ever forget him? He was the most precious what I had. We were always together and we shared almost everything. He is still around me after almost 20 years. I miss him every day ... sometimes I look at his photo on the wall just right of the TV-set ... framed in a silver frame together with my grandma and our Yorkshire terrier. All are missed ... and they all watch over me and my family.

No Cardboard Angel, but real angels ... I know for sure that he, my brother, my grandma and our Yorkshire are watching over me ... I can sense their presence in so many things ... I can feel them trying to cherish and comfort me as I am sad ... they are my angels ...

no cardboard angels
cherish and comfort me when I am sad,
... real angels do

© Chèvrefeuille


Maybe you have a guardian angel too ... let him/her inspire you to write an all new haiku .... This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 19th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, Roadside Beggar (based on a haiku by:Nana Fredua-Agyeman), later on today. For now ... have fun!


4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely haibun, Kristjaan! I too have my guardian angel and truly feel his presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching - link seems closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the 'was it just the wind' haiku best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful post and creative haiku ~ I believe our loved ones are always 'watching over us' ~

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol
    A Creative Harbor

    ReplyDelete