Friday, August 23, 2013

Carpe Diem #279, Calling Wisdom


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I share "Calling Wisdom" by Karunesh with you. A wonderful piece of music with a deeper meaning. We all once in a while are calling for wisdom, then we go outside to be in deep contact with Mother Earth or (as I mostly do) just take a walk through the neighborhood.
In last May we were calling wisdom from the Tarot and that brought us new insights. We are all seeking for wisdom ... and I hope that I can help you all a little bit with sharing 'my wisdom' with you. "Calling Wisdom", I hope, will inspire you all to write wonderful haiku ...
I once wrote an essay for Wonder Haiku Worlds in which I compared the Haiku with the Koan and I think that we all can share our wisdom and knowledge through our haiku.




[This video is made by The Tark It’s his first attempt to create an experience that immerses the viewer into the show by combining the visual imagery of a fractal kaleidoscope with the effects produced by the music. The video is best viewed at 720p in a dark room sitting close to the screen. The Tark is working on several others based on what he learned making this one.]

By the way Calling Wisdom is from the Album Zen Breakfast which was released in 2001.

following the path
through the neigborhood were I live
seeking wisdom

seeking wisdom
in the depths of my heart -
Honeysuckle blooms

Honeysuckle blooms
I just follow the path to my mind
and become all new




Not a strong series, but it was just a joy to compose this haiku inspired by the wonderful Calling Wisdom music by Karunesh.
This prompt will stay on 'till August 25th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, The Conversation, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). !! Calling Wisdom is open for your submissions right now !!



2 comments:

  1. Very creative video! I like your first poem best. Wisdom is often right there 'in our own neighborhood."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm weird that I know my inner wisdom and he has a name and distinct voice and personality, but this prompt "prompted" me to write of him...when I call for him.

    ReplyDelete