Friday, March 22, 2013

Carpe Diem Imagination #4, Weeping Cherry


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As we are in the beginning of Spring I love to challenge you with a new Carpe Diem Imagination episode. The goal of this Imagination is to write and compose haiku inspired on a given picture, painting or photo. For this episode of Imagination I have chosen a wonderful photo of the Weeping Cherry.


Weeping Cherry

It's a wonderful tree and I think it can inspire you all to write nice haiku. You also may compose a Tanka or Kyoka or Senryu. Tanka and Kyoka are another Japanese poetry form that has five lines with a syllables count 5-7-5-7-7. Tanka and Haiku are similar to eachother in their meaning as are Kyoka and Senryu. Kyoka and Senryu are mostly more humorful and are about human affairs.

Well .... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku, senryu, tanka or kyoka with Carpe Diem.

This Carpe Diem Imagination will stay on 'till March 31th 11.59 AM (CET).





6 comments:

  1. Hey, Kristjaan, I see the daily meme is going rather good and gathering a steady community. I'm really glad because of that. Sorry, I don't appear here more often, but I had some very tough times.
    I just want you to know that I have never forgotten you and your amazing haiku and your devotion :-)
    So, here I am today, with my first haiku after a long vacation from this most wonderful of poetic forms. It may be a little clumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit early for us to have cherry blossoms... about a month but I love this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great imagination prompt Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no comments?
    how sad, I hope you're having a good weekend. have you got the snow that has covered our not so green and pleasant land?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW. This was a difficult one. But I think I did okay.

    Thanks for the wonderful prompts... despite the difficulty, this is one of my favorites this month.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete